Sign Up to be an Interpreter

Register with CTS LanguageLink for HCA/DSHS appointments

Please send an email to with the type of interpreting services you would like to sign up for and the following information:

  • Name (First & Last)
  • Address
  • Washington State Certifications (Medical and/or Social)
  • Target Language
  • Phone Number (Home, Cell)
  • Email address

Once we receive this information, you will be sent an email with all of the required documents to service the HCA contract.[/slide]

  • I have submitted my paperwork to become an independent contractor with CTS LanguageLink, but I haven't heard back yet. How do I know you have received my submission?

    You will receive information from us within two weeks upon submission of documents. CTS LanguageLink is currently processing hundreds of requests from around the State, and we will contact you within two weeks of your original submission. If you have not heard from us in this time, email and ask for the status on your paperwork. Please include your name and telephone number in the email.

    We have received many incomplete packets with no contact information from interpreters. To expedite this process, please submit your information in one completed packet. Requirements for HCA/DSHS contract here.

  • Am I required to get Liability Insurance?

    The HCA contract originally required specific insurance coverage and now only requires that interpreters meet the requirements of Washington State Law and standard practice based on how you run your business as an Independent Contractor.

  • I am Court Certified; can I accept HCA Social Appointments?

    Based on information from Washington State’s Health Care Authority (HCA), court certified interpreters who do not hold a DSHS Social Certification are recognized and are eligible to accept HCA Social appointments. For questions concerning how DSHS recognizes court certified interpreters please visit WAC 388-03-114 (the Washington State Legislature website).

    If you would like to submit a court certification, please fax it to 855-830-4590 or mail it to 911 Main St., Suite 10 Vancouver, WA 98660. In order to process this request we ask that you include your interpreter ID number with the document. Interpreters not currently signed up with CTS should refer to question 1 on this tab.

  • Do I need to provide proof of immunizations?

    You are required to provide proof of immunizations at any time, as some medical providers require that interpreters be vaccinated for: T-Dap, Influenza, Varicella and MMR; before interpreting at their facility. Failure to provide any required documents may result in being sent away by the medical provider and no payment for the encounter.

  • Why do I need to get an NPI number and is this the same as a PPN number?

    This number is required in order for us to bill for services for medical assignments. This is not the same as the PPN number but will be used for similar purposes. To learn more and apply for an NPI number visit

  • Do I need an ID badge to work?

    Interpreters do not need an ID badge, however, they may be required to bring their state issued ID, copy of their immunization record and a copy of their certification with them to the assignment.

  • How do I change my address?

    You need to submit any address changes via email to our Interpreter Relations Department at Please note: our system is only able to store one address for everything including payroll and tax information. You cannot have multiple addresses in our system.

    **We encourage you to use direct deposit (PDF) for your checks.**

  • How do I change my password?

    Change password here You will receive an e-mail with a link to change your password.

  • [/accordion]

    Have additional questions?

    Detailed answers to most questions can be found in the Interpreter’s Frequently Asked Questions.